Henry Sanborn Music Scholarship Endowment
This scholarship is open to full-time Music majors in Voice and/or Piano. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required. Selection is made by audition. All applicants must have a 25 min recital program prepared by the audition date.
Henry Sanborn Scholarship Competition Rules
- Eligible students must have a recital program of between 25-30 minutes in order to compete.
- Your formatted program (using a Department template) must also include the timings of your pieces. Failure to include timing of musical works will result in disqualification.
- All vocal music must be memorized with the exception of works from oratorios and chamber cantatas.
- All piano music must be memorized unless the faculty of the Piano Division has granted prior permission.
- All students selected to compete must have published scores of all music present at the audition. Failure to have these scores will result in disqualification from the competition. Published scores must be clearly marked as to where the work is found within a larger collection.
- All vocalists must have song translations formatted to Departmental standards.
- The Department pays for accompanists for the winner’s recital (vocal) and may elect to pay for accompanists for the preliminary and final round.
- < $1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- I am applying for the following talent award discipline. (Additional Talent Awards in Music Theory, Music History and Culture, the Carl B. Schmidt Outstanding Paper Award, and Music Education are selected by faculty in those respective areas without student self-nomination.)
- My applied teacher has approved my application for this scholarship.
- Applicants must upload a formatted program or repertoire selections using a Department program template. Click here Music resources for appropriate templates. Please upload your documents below.